Dog of the week: Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Dogs of all shapes and sizes make great companions, but some breeds are more popular than others. This week, we're taking a look at the Pembroke Welsh Corgi aka corgi aka corgi puppy – a breed that's quickly becoming one of the most popular in the United States. These friendly little dogs are known for their short stature and big personalities, and they make excellent pets for active families. If you're thinking about adding a Pembroke Welsh Corgi to your family, here's what you need to know!
According to the American Kennel Club the Pembroke Welsh Corgi is
- Among the most agreeable of all small housedogs.
- Strong, athletic, and lively little herder
- Affectionate and companionable without being needy.
- One the world's most popular herding breeds.
- At 10 to 12 inches at the shoulder and 27 to 30 pounds
- Short but powerful legs
- Built long and low
- Surprisingly quick and agile.
- Bright, sensitive
- Enjoy playing with his human family
- Responds well to training
Famous Corgi puppies
If your in the UK it doesn’t come as a surprise that Queen Elizabeth II is fond of corgis. Since 1952 the queen has owned 30 corgis.
Corgis in popular culture
Just as our feeds your social media is probably crowded with cute dog content and funny dog memes. Due to the corgis size and shape and occasional surprised look they have become a popular dog meme.
Lets finish off this edition of dog of the week with some of our favorite corgi memes below
Leave a comment