Barkalot cares about privacy and protecting the Personal Data handled by us. All Personal Data is Processed in accordance with Applicable Law. In this Policy we describe how and the purposes for which we use your personal information as well as what lawful basis we use and what measures we take to protect Personal data. We also provide information on how you exercise the rights you have linked to our Processing of Personal data.
Common questions about integrity
The intended recipient of the information provided in this Policy is:
* Potential customers
* Visitors of our website
1. Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site. Social media data, such as your Facebook user name, if you chose to use our support chat handled by Facebook Messenger.
2. Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
3. Source of collection:Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, tags, or pixels.
4. Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, Hotjar, Google, Facebook, Yotpo, Orderly Emails, Klaviyo.
1. Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, personal number when shopping with invoice), gender, email address, and phone number.
2. Purpose of collection:to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
3. Source of collection: collected from you.
4. Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, Klaviyo, Manychat, Facebook, Google, Klarna, Stripe, Apple, DB Schenker, UPS, Postnord, Airmee, Emotion Logistics and Unifaun.
Customer support information
1. Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, order number, email address, and phone number.
2. Purpose of collection:to provide customer support.
3. Source of collection:collected from you.
4. Disclosure for a business purpose: Gorgias support management system, Facebook Messenger.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Here is a list of service providers that we share your Personal Information with, in order for you to purchase and receive your products.
Klarna Payment Provider. https://www.klarna.com/international/privacy-policy/
StripePayment Provider. https://stripe.com/en-se/privacy
Google PayPayment Provider. https://payments.google.com/payments/apis-secure/
Apple PayPayment Provider. https://support.apple.com/privacy
Shop PayPayment Provider. https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy/app-users
AirmeeLogistics partner. https://careers.airmee.com/data-privacy
PostnordLogistics partner. https://www.postnord.se/en/privacy-policy
DB SchenkerLogistics partner. https://www.dbschenker.com/global/meta/privacy-policy
UPSLogistics partner. https://www.ups.com/se/en/help-center/legal-terms-conditions/privacy-notice.page
Shopify PaymentsPayment Gateway - managing all 3rd party payment providers in the store. https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms-payments-se
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
* We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Here is a list of advertising partners we use to enhance your experience of our Webshop and service. You can opt out of these services by following the links and instructions above.
Facebook Custom Audiences
By entering your phone number in the checkout and initializing a purchase, subscribing via our subscription form or a keyword, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed 5 a month. You acknowledge that consent is not a condition for any purchase.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us or use the unsubscribe link we provided you within any of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests will not be accounted as a reasonable means of opting out. Message and data rates may apply.
For any questions please text HELP to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us for more information.
If you wish to opt out please follow the procedures above.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
TEXT/SMS MESSAGE CONSENT AND OPT-OUT
If you choose, you can provide your mobile phone number to receive text message alerts from our stores or sites to receive product and/or event information, tips or promotions. You agree that by providing your mobile phone number you expressly consent to receive automated marketing text messages from us to the mobile phone number provided. Consent is not required to purchase goods or services. Message and data rates will apply and you should check the rates of your mobile carrier. You can opt out from further text marketing communications by texting STOP to the SMS number used by Barkalot to contact you.
We may share your mobile phone number with service providers with whom we contract to assist us with the above activities, but we will not share your mobile phone number with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent. Text Messages are distributed via third party mobile network providers and, therefore, we cannot control certain factors relating to message delivery. Depending on the recipient's mobile carrier, it may not be possible to transmit the text message to the recipient successfully; nor is content available on all carriers. We do not claim or guarantee availability or performance of this service, including liability for transmission delays or message failures.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
* Your consent;
* The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
* Compliance with our legal obligations;
* To protect your vital interests;
* To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
* For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes:
1. offering products for sale
2. processing payments
3. shipping and fulfilment of your order
4. keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers
5. to personalize your experience (your Information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
6. to analyze and improve our Site and Services (we continually strive to improve our Site and product offerings based on the Information and feedback we receive from you).
7. to improve customer service (your Information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
8. to process transactions and orders you make through or in connection with the Site and registration thereto. Your Information, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than to our customers whose website or platform you use through the Services.
9. To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site feature.
10. to send periodic e-mails, updates, newsletters, and special offers, and for other marketing or advertising purposes.
11. To send periodic text messages, updates and special offers, and for other marketing or advertising purposes.
12. if you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive e-mails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
13. To comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to informal requests for information from governmental authorities, and to prevent activity we determine to be potentially illegal.
14. to verify your identity when legally required, for example, before granting you access to your Personal Information or to verify that a product review is valid.
We may also use Information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated for purposes not otherwise listed above.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you. Our Payment Gateway Klarna uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
Temporary denylist of purchase with invoice or credit card via Klarna. Read more at https://www.klarna.com/us/customer-service/csc/declined-purchase/
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, click here to update your settings, download the information we have stored about you, or ask to remove all data and your account.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
🇧🇷 🇺🇸 CCPA
If you are a resident of Brazil or California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please click here.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
If you think that we are not Processing your Personal Data correctly, even after you have notified us of this, you are always entitled to submit your complaint to the Swedish Data Protection Authority.
Last updated: 2021-12-09
Local data protection authorities